Monday, April 16, 2007

Da, da, da, da, da, da, da...................Washout!

That Mother Nature has not been kind to our athletes this spring so far.

All of Monday's softball action from across the state was postponed due to Sunday's Nor'easter, which dropped as much as eight inches of rain in some parts of the state.

As I was driving into the office this afternoon, I drove past this makeshift soccer field on Ella Grasso Boulevard. It looked more like the Ella Grasso River as the water almost reached the road. I don't even want to guess at the condition of some of these softball fields. It can't be pretty. I know when I watched Cheshire host Amity this past Friday, they had to play on the junior varsity field as the varsity field was a mudpit.

So no games today. And I'll go out on a limb and say that some fields may not be ready to play on Tuesday.

No comments: